Tuesday, September 21, 2010

On My Radar

I used to despise reading in school. Hated it, partially because of the crowd I hung out with and not appreciating the written word. (Re-read "To Kill A Mockingbird" for a AP English class... wow, amazing.)

But I do love a great book. My favorite author is Mitch Albom, read all his books I could find.

I've also read "Skinny Bitch" & am reading "Cheap".

People get so defensive about the subject that "Skinny Bitch" goes into but basically it's about the truth of food, how the food gets to your plate and frankly something that should be deeply considered.

I'm only into "Cheap" partially but it goes into the true cost of cheap goods. How people around the world are treated and abused so you can have the "goods" you cherish so. Go human rights. There are always horrible consequences because America is obsessed with cheap. Since then I have been more into purchasing vegan, fair trade, all over great products because frankly I believe what you buy and your actions should go towards helping the world out. Sure these products I buy are expensive but it's worth it to me.

Anywho I have a few books that I want to read.



The Seat of the Soul by Gary Zuker


The War that Killed Achilles by Caroline Alexander


The Things They Carried by Tim O'brien


Mirrors: Stories of Almost Everyone by Eduardo Galeano


Little Bee by Chris Cleave



I shall be tapping into these sometime soon when my textbooks don't require me to devout so much time to them.

Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment