Thursday, September 16, 2010

Polly-Olly-Ponder

Is it just me or do random people/things/events/thoughts/colors/influences/etc inspire you? Because that's just what hit me. I won't say who or what did because frankly it's a random thing that others wouldn't take notice.

So I will just describe it.

This person who is doing their thing, following their dream, in fact has done ALOT to make this happen popped into my newfeed on facebook. Go figure.

Back story. I only went to high school with this person. (That's it, nothing else)

What popped into my head as soon as this happened was "what am I doing right now in this second to achieve what I want? What DO I WANT? HOW will I get this? Am I happy NOW?" This also has me thinking of plans I have, experiences I want, and things I will go after.


I find it so strange how someone who isn't even in your active life can have such an impact. Boggles my mind in fact.

I have a sort-kinda plan for after I finish school. If everything goes the way it should I should be done DONE fini in less than 5 semesters including winter and summer. EPP. Yesterday I was asked if my major suits me. My response was no.

It really doesn't... but it's a Degree and some will argue that's better than nothing. I for the most part agree. But I wouldn't be finished with school just yet. There's a few options I find myself doing that are of more substance if you will. Journalism, Web Design, Webmaster, Environmental Science, Photonics, etc.. I have a whole list.

Back to my sort-kinda plan. I won't really say what exactly it is. Moving out would be the first thing. A long trip somewhere is involved and of course a large savings account. In fact, it's probably the most important part.

My plan to achieve this large bank account is well saving more than half my paycheck... and the months I get paid triple... well put away 2/3's of them. ^__^ GET LIKE ME

For the trip well I have a few places on my radar (few? try tons). I am applying for my passport soon (for another trip next year) and looking up different hostels and how to get around a country without a car. Try to guess where I wanna go! Summer-fall in March-May. ;) Kia Ora 2012 (nope, not Hawaii)

But after all of this, I'm still really confused about what I want to do, maybe it comes with age... but playing it safe is something I def. don't want.

No comments:

Post a Comment