Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Juicing for Life

As I grow older, I realize once I really started getting into fitness, my curiosity led me to look into how to fuel my body.

Watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead got the boyfriend and I thinking we should start juicing. The benefits are unbelievable. The body is able to digest the micro-nutrients easier and you are able to consume more fruits and vegetables rather than just eating them.



We purchased a Masticating Juicers / Single Gear / Single Auger Juicers.

Below is a recent juicing frenzy we went on. All of the ingredients are organic.



From left: pineapple, pears, gala apples, grapefruit, kiwis, limes, raspberries



From left: carrot juice, spinach, broccoli, apple pears, celery stalks, beets, fennel, asparagus, kale, cabbage, lacinto kale, potatoes, cucumbers, sweet potatos, carrots.



Making carrot juice



From left: cabbage, red cabbage, broccoli, kale, fennel & potatoes ready for juicing



From left: kale, apples, pears, celery, more kale in line



Cabbage cabbage everywhere



All of the juice from all of those yummy vegetables & fruits.


Each juice had it own flavor and of course we mixed flavors for a little excitement.
Juice is wonderful on your skin, digestive tract as well as your immune system.


2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try it, but I am so picky with my fruits and veggie selections that I am scared :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am picky with the juices as well. I always need to use apples or pears to sweetened them up. Though I will drink carrot and kale by themselves. Justin is more adventurous.

      Delete