Monday, August 16, 2010

Chicago In Fotos

During the dates of the 11th-14th my S.O. and I ventured to Chicago. (I'm counting the driving and some advice... DON'T drve, take a plane)

The drive was long... very long. Got caught in a terrible storm in Ohio in the middle of the night. But after the storm, the skies were clear and while pulled over, John nudges me and says look up. So I do and the view is unbelievable. I see stars in areas where I didn't know they existed. It was frightening as well, and during the drive I would roll down the windows, look up and shriek... (because that's what I do).

We arrived at my friend's hotel around 4:30ish. This is what you see (River North location)





After we drove to our hotel location (about 1 mile south), we explored that part of Millennium park and Solider field. The air show was going on at that time. It was pretty cool to see jets flying over the city... but then the perspective of fight jets flying over the city meant to people during times of war. Oh how things change!

Below is me with Buckingham Fountain running like a goober.












Here is a great view from the Alder Planetarium.


The Field Museum and Planetarium were neat... if you didn't know much about astronomy or animals, history, etc. Though walking through the different cultures and their histories were eye-opening. My favorite part was of course the dinosaurs.. though I wish they had more skeletons!










Lastly, here is a view of the city at night... we watched a storm come in, the wind was fierce and we got caught in it. Though we enjoyed it, ended up flocking in fountains and the park. The next and last day we visited the Art Institute of Chicago. Amazing big place!




Overall it was a great trip! But now I'm becoming impatient for my next one which will be either Thousand Islands in Upstate NY, San Fran or Colorado Springs.

1 comment:

  1. It pales in comparison to NYC, but I really enjoy it there! It is C.O.L.D in the winter though!

    ReplyDelete