Friday, October 8, 2010

Pour Acid into Water?

I'll be honest. Last time I touched anything related to chemistry was about 7th or 8th grade. Yup it has been that long.

So I've been researching and researching what I have to get into the field of study I'm most interested in... which is spectroscopy.

Low & behold it's chemistry. Yup.... as I gazed upon the classes needed, I said to myself... &^&%%. Not that it is hard (challenging yes), but I have never seen those before in a classroom.

After asking a friend who is in the same program that I would like to be apart of, I knew it was a good decision. I know the school I want to attend (the same one I wanted to go to since 10th grade), I know the tuition rates (saving $$ is oh so important to me right now), I have a checklist of how to apply.... the only issue.

The SAT. Now nothing fills me up with anger more than a certain situation that I won't get into than this. I did not take the SAT in high school. When I was younger I did twice (smarty pants), but because I was going into community college (and my blood is boiling at this moment) I didn't need them.

Cheers to letting someone limit what you capable of (even if you don't see it then). =/

Now I'm paying for that mistake today.

But for most of my life I wanted to be a scientist (I have to thank Mr. Brown my science teacher for that) and well I've wandered off from that far too long.

The winner says, 'It may be difficult, but it's possible.'
The loser says, 'It may be possible, but it's too difficult.'

1 comment:

  1. Well....a career that you ABSOLUTELY LOVE is worth all the effort in the world!!!! Good Luck and I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete