Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What A Lovely Day For A Wednesday

I've been noticing a lot of things influence me... well at least bring to the surface things about myself that I have seem to forgotten.

I nearly have forgotten what I wanted to write about. In fact I did.

Oh silly me.


I need to stop following such blogs I never take an interest in reading. I only enjoy really about 2 of the people I follow (Mandy you're one of them!) Isn't it amazing that you look forward to what certain people have to say?

Ah! I remember now.


Yesterday I was asked why I am a vegetarian/transitioning-vegan... I responded with just one reason to not cause a full on debate. "I researched it."

I was then followed with "Why would I put myself through that?"

Usually I would brush it off, but this response took me back... I thought about it... "Why would I?" It pestered me a little because why wouldn't you take the time to learn what going on in the world around you?

I would rather look absolutely insane in some people's eyes then to not have any opinion about any matter of substance and just be well a full-fledged idiot. Somewhat harsh but it's the truth.


I would rather stand for something (or a few things) and do my part to make some kind of difference in this world than go on day by day doing the same damn thing until the day I die.

I strongly strongly believe in "Be the change you wish to see in the world".

Gandhi was an incredible man. Instead of holding office, he took the time to give back to the people and in turn grew a huge following and support FROM the people and brought a nation to its knees. At least that's what I read.

What is the point of having if you do not give? I always do my best to give whenever possible... donating $$, food, what have you. I don't do it to brag or look like a saint... (most of the time no one knows when I donate or do anything of that nature unless they see me or are with me when I do it), I do it because I just do. [Yes I said "do" alot te he he]

Everyone's actions should be towards making the world a better place to live. Awkward sentence I know... deal. =)

~~~~~~~~~

I got advised yesterday to keep track of the remaining classes I need to take and great news... it's less than I thought. Also got info about starting my chem. degree if I decide to start again at HCC.

I am super excited. I can see the finish line and I will do whatever it takes to make this happen. Even if that makes disappearing from now and the end of spring semester.

Until I feel the urge to write again!

Toodles.

1 comment:

  1. First off Bravo on taking a stand! I firmly believe that you should stand for SOMETHING and be passionate about a few things rather than follow the crowd and be blah about everything :)

    I am ALSO super excited that I am one of the blogs you enjoy! I promise I will blog tomorrow about my week so far in grooming school!!!! Too...tired...n...o....w.

    ReplyDelete