Thursday, March 29, 2012

Raw Food Movement

Since I've become vegetarian, I've became vegan. Since becoming vegan, I've been curious about raw food. Vegetarian was a gateway for me. I figure that most vegans venture down that road as being healthy becomes a obsession.

"Obsessed is what the weak and lazy call the Dedicated" <-- not my quote Raw food diets have been more mainstream over the years. This calls for 75% of the food you consume has to be raw (food that has not been cooked or when cooked under 104 degrees F.) To get as much nutritional value out of these foods, they also must be unprocessed and organic. People who ear mostly raw have reported to feel better, be more energized and weight loss.



Raw Food consists of the following:



~Fresh fruit
~Raw vegetables
~Nuts and seeds
~Legumes
~Sprouts


Planning out meals works for me so that I don't have to hurry or stress about what will I eat tonight?

Food charts are easy and helpful when learning what you should eat, quantity, what to avoid, etc.


Source: Website is in the picture.

Overall, one should focus on these tips below:

~Lost of fruits and vegetables (the more variety, the better)
~Mostly green leafy veggies
~Include nuts, seeds, and other suitable protein sources into your meals
~Iron and calcium (dark leafy vegetables)
~Water & fresh juices (good idea to invest in a juicer)

There are plenty of websites out there to make research and finding sample meal plans efficient and easy.


Meal Ideas


~Adding lemon to water helps energize your body
~For snacks feast on raw almonds or other nuts or a piece of fruit
~Juice juice juice! Add 2 or 3 types of fruits and 4 or 5 vegetables for a fresh highly nutritious drink. I recommend The Juice Bible.
~Make salads! Using kale, spinach or dark lettuce mix with hemp seeds, nuts and a ton of other vegetables is a great way to feel full while enjoying a variety of foods.
~Raw snack bars. Not only do they taste great but they are affordable! I recommend "Raw Revolution" in any flavor!
~Mix in avocados whenever you can. They are regarded as a superfood and a complete food.

If you want to learn more about this incredible diet, a great resource (where I got some of my information here from) is:

http://vegetarian.lovetoknow.com/Raw_Food_Diet_Meal_Plans


Happy Raw fooding!

No comments:

Post a Comment