Tuesday, April 27, 2010

No Title, Just Thoughts

It's been a while since I've actually looked at this thing so why not add something to it?

I've noticed when people meet me for the first time or the first few times they can't really pinpoint what my "deal" is. I can't really tell you what it is but to know my past is to understand why I'm "the way" I am.

First off, I know my looks are more than average (depending on the day) but I don't see that a reason to be conceited or treat others as beneath me. If you've seen my facebook, you know what I looked like growing up. And if you haven't... just picture big round glasses, part on the side and chipmunk cheeks. That transformed into looking like the 4th Hanson. Seems funny now, but it really wasn't then.

I've been teased and bullied for most of my life... and even now I've noticed people try to break me down saying some of the most ignorant and stupid things about me. But I've learned to take it all in stride because in fact it makes me BETTER than them.

I would love to get involved with helping younger kids that do get bullied because I've first handed experienced it for so long and if I could help anyone rise above it, well that would be awesome. I've learned you can act like a victim but you will ALWAYS get victimized.

Also during this time, I had time to "develop" my personality. I've always had the mentality to treat others how I want to be treated. Whether they have hurt me, I always hear the other person out... even if I know 100% that I shouldn't. I've also been able to distance myself from any group of friends, frankly because I'm in my own world half the time. This led to me not becoming a "part of the group" that goes to bars every weekend and drinks every chance they get. That whole lifestyle gets boring quick and I'd rather do something more productive with my time and money.

But any-who, it'll be interesting to see what direction this will go in (if I ever write in this again). So we shall see what the future hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment